A few years ago, Apple officially unveiled the new Find My AirPods feature that makes it easy to find lost AirPods using the Find My app on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. AirPods deployment may not be quite as polished as Find My iPhone, but it can still be useful if you lose your AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max. How to find lost AirPods? Find out how to find lost AirPods step by step by reading our article.
Again, the most important thing to note is that Find My AirPods isn't quite as sophisticated as Find My iPhone. For example, AirPods must be connected to an iPhone via Bluetooth to work. This means that if the AirPods are too far away, you won't get the full feature set, although Apple will help you find them as best as possible.
If you do not have the Find My app on your iPhone you can download it from AppStore, by clicking the button down below.
1. First, you need to check if the Find My application is on your iPhone. To check, go to iPhone settings.
2. Now click on your account.
3. Now find Find My applications in the list and click on it.
4. Make sure Find My iPhone is turned on. If you don't have access to paired devices you can sign in at iCloud.com.
1. To view your AirPods' last-known location on a map, start by opening Find My.
2. After turning on Find My, click the Devices tab.
3. Now find your AirPods in the list and click on them. Now you will see when your AirPods were last active.
4. Now from there, Find My has a few options available to help you locate your AirPods.
5. If your AirPods are out of their case and somewhere close by, tap Play Sound. You will hear a sound, if you are nearby follow the bell.
6. However, if your AirPods are in the case, click on the Direction option to find out where they were recently located.
What if AirPods are offline, out of battery, or out of range?
You won't be able to play a sound but, you might be able to get direction.
1. Tap Remove This Device to unpair your AirPods. Once you do this, you won't be able to locate them with Find My, and you will have to pair them with your device again.
2. The last step is to confirm device removal. Just click Remove.